PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 15:44
racedo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
\if you google the Panorama report on Ryanair you will see a dismissive comment from the boss of Airbus, John Leahy where he gives his thoughts on dealings with Ryanair. Clearly they dont take negotiations too seriously believeing in my opinion that talks are just to get the Boeing price down. Boeing as widely reported believe MOL got a never to be repeated deal and it is alleged he stated he had raped Boeing over the deal to buy 737's so I think they will take a tougher line.
Stop confusing rhetoric to a crap 2009 program with business reality.....

Airbus will do a deal with anybody to beat Boeing.

Like any good negotiator and he is without doubt in a class of his own he will seek to create competition in the form of new entrants. Now it could be argued if you are a launch customer you will get a great deal but on a new aircraft with a manufacturer having to establish the support functions necessary in the timescale available i think not. Likewise who would take the aircraft after Ryanair and what will happen to their values.

It will suit MOL not to expand in the current marketplace and look to drop low yielding routes but in time he will need new aircraft.... Going to be fun watching this one run.

I reckon he will do a deal with Boeing on a new design 797 stating We will be the first operator of a new Boeing aircraft bla bla bla
Stop confusing Ryanair with Michael O'Leary as they are different.