Full length taxyways
New Iconic Control Tower
New Radar
South East Pier
A multitude of ramp/parking space for aircraft
Dealt In Ryanair
A large Cargo Apron that handles widebody freighters
Over 9m pax
Not sure iconic is the word I'd use, it's just a control tower, much like many across the world. Radar is a necessity, filed under airports 1-01, along with taxiways and er...said control tower. As for the South East pier, its just a tin shed, like the old Victors and Novembers at LHR, lacking the facilities like airbridges that Glasgow's (then new) pier got 17 years ago. Nothing wrong per se, it's just as basic as they could get away with.

The key strategies of what do do with the cross runway and the lack of heavy parking were not addressed in favour of focus on retail soon after the paint was dry on the last revamp of the shops. I have seen EDI handle multple heavies on a day, indeed the then Five Nations saw Aer Lingus B747s every year handled adequately on the main apron. Indeed I well recall Caledonian TriStars being regulars in the summer, now we are having a debate about the aircraft type BA used on the shuttles every day for many years. Still the shops are lovely I'm sure.

They had a big chance to re-develop the whole area strategically, could have built a whole new terminal where the South East pier is now, opened it then demolished the no longer fit for purpose original. The danger now lies that the pendulum swings West again where the facilites are in place and the motorway access has finally been knocked into shape again. EDI's facilities for aircraft have nowhere left to go without spending MAJOR money. As I said, lovely shops though. I love a good shop.