PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Jumeirah villas
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2012, 17:54
SassyPilotsWife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Cat,

No worries, I can promise you its not a spiel as we have plenty of business without having to go on here for it. But it was confirmed that EK has been meeting with the developer who is about to default on owner's who have not made final payment since purchasing 2 years ago. Honestly, when I first heard about it, my concern is that it would cut out any chance of me having the opportunity to sell/lease properties that are not occupied via owner or rental so if the confirmation that I was given is not true, then all stays the same and I do here what I've been doing for months. It was just that after discussions with current EK residents and others coming on board , it would be in the interest of potential EK residents that they wind up here on their own rather than EK paid residency. True, there is no transportation from here set up yet. Key word yet, but I don't know any EK crew member from either the flight deck or cabin who can pocket that much of a difference and not be willing to co-op with other crew, hire a driver or drive themselves. Even airbus guys LOL j/k. Actually there are a couple living here already. Avoid 311, On 611, its a 35 minute drive. From Jebel Ali , JBR its the same amount of time and some are happy to give up that time spent in traffic for a straight shot. When it comes down to it, I'm the DH of a pilot who, like the rest, are happy their husbands have jobs here and want to make the best of it while we live away from our families in other countries. So i'm not here just trying to make money, I just wanted to share a chance for newcomers to have the choice to move here and save, versus moving here and not be able to pocket the rest. If I do infact meet someone who has been located here via EK housing, I will let you guys know.