PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Jumeirah villas
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2012, 15:29
SassyPilotsWife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ex.. just being realistic. the message is only for those who may/most likely will wind up out here. If EK is going to put pilots out here, why not do it yourself and get the difference in housing allowance ? All I can offer to your reply is that pilots coming on board should OPT OUT FOR THEIR OWN HOUSING! Because they may not wind up with having the choice to live here. And I can assure you, its not a real estate ploy, if it were, why would I bother taking the time to post this ? If EK takes everything avail, then my job was done. I didn't have to take the time to post anything.

Saltair, it is not Sharjah, but you brought up very good points and not. You are very correct it is NOT what single guys would be looking for. So .. anyone who is single, please ignore the post. I agree with you. I don't recommend living here if you're single and want to be in close proximity to clubs, parks, nightlife and if you choose, hookers. As for the wives, the wives living here are happy. However, that comes down to what they all prefer. Some families want to save the money. It all comes down to what your looking for. Saving 100k a year in housing could afford a nice boat with the opportunity to live in a nice villa such as Arabian Ranches. You want city living or country living ?

Please remember the reason for the post. It's not about marketing the development but rather EK guys making money from the difference in housing assignment vs allowance to move here. While it is nice and I would recommend it for the right person, the post was to advise you that there is a chance you could wind up here under EK's housing anyway. If I was on here to market properties, I would 1. Market properties I have in Dubai that I would be paid a hell of alot more commission with a target market of investors from all over the world which is where I make the majority of my money. And 2. Pay to advertise on here at the cost of my agency that pays for it.

Last edited by SassyPilotsWife; 30th Jan 2012 at 15:51.