PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No jobs yet.... type rating? eaglejet? what should I do?
Old 30th Jan 2012, 11:45
pablo2973

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget Europe

Hi Chris ,I believe we all agree that in an ideal aviation world, it should be enough with your comercial multi & instrument licence to get a flying job in Europe ,unfortunately for you ,those days are long gone ,I did my initial training in USA back in 1993-94 converted to JAA in 2001 just after 9/11 and I´ve got my first flying job in 2009 after I tried and tried on internet like you with 550hTT and NO type rating to offer , unfortunately for me ,I had to earn that money working ,thats why it took me so long ,after completing one course ,had to save for the next one then MCC then renewals medicals then ATR type and the list goes on and on as you know .......if you can search on internet soon you`ll find out the best type ratings are A320 B737 ATR and Q400, but forget about getting your first flying job in Europe with no hours on type ,unless you are very very lucky ,start looking for chances in Asia ,Africa basically where no one wants to go .......
Good luck