PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook entries
Thread: Logbook entries
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2012, 03:34
RAFAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's obvious from the language that you both choose to use and the way that you put your points across, that you're both absolutely fixed in your opinion and no one, even someone "with more than one brain cell" is ever going to convince you otherwise. That's just fine by me, you make some valid points with which I agree, and I disagree with you on others, but hey, I'm not going to lose any sleep over the issue.

I said in an earlier post that "I'm one of those who logs all IFR time as instrument time (when PF), but according to NuName's post I'm possibly wrong in doing so." Well you've actually convinced me to maintain what I've done before.

In reply to the JAR-FCL reference that was mentioned, if you have a glimpse at General Requirements in Section 2 Subpart A - Amdt 4, on pages 28-35 there is an example JAA log book. With the exception of the 'Remarks' column where instrument flight time can be recorded "as part of training for a licence or rating", where in that logbook does one record instrument flight time? In the explanatory notes it states that column 9 (Operational Condition Time) is used to "enter flight time undertaken at night or under instrument flight rules if applicable."

In answer to NuName's point about eating, going to the loo or making a note of whether he is awake or not, the same can point can be made in regard to IMC, do I make a note every time I enter and leave a cloud, then total the time up at the end of the flight to record as instrument flight time? If I "watch the autopilot follow the magenta line" and we enter cloud for a minute or so, do I record a minute of instrument flight time?

It would be interesting to hear what you've both actually logged as instrument flight time during recent flights.