PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No jobs yet.... type rating? eaglejet? what should I do?
Old 30th Jan 2012, 01:26
Chrisx3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I just want to make it clear to everyone that I don't mean to insult anyone. I'm just looking for the right direction. I can appreciate the fact that others have had it hard and i don't doubt it at all, im just saying that every generation is slightly different and has challenges of its own. In ours i guess its the pay to fly problem caused by people enjoying filling their pockets just a tad too much.

With that said, Ryanair is pay to fly cos u gotta pay 28000 euros to get in, which is quite a bit more than just a type on its own.... and of course the additional interview and sim assesment fees. oh and the fact that I know some pilots who had a 737 type but were still told that they had to redo the type and pay the money to get in..... so pay to fly or not, in my opinion they are crooks.

Kip, Tak for din svar og jeg kan se hvor du kommer fra med at sige at hvad du siger. Jeg er bare traet af med at vente og jeg tror du kan maske forstaa dette. (sorry for the danish there everyone) what im trying to say is that I would rather pray for there to be enough jobs for all of us to live happily doing what we love to do. im not trying to say pay to fly schemes are right, i just wanna get in that seat!!! and as a wise man once said "a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do" and if thats what it is then so be it.

Besides as I recently read in an aviation magazine that according to Boeing, Airbus and ICAO, the number of airliners will double in the next 15 years, and ther will therefore be a shortage of pilots. I dont think the pay to fly schemes will last long seeing as airlines will supposedly be fighting to find pilots. Im just not ready to wait around and find out if theyre right or not.

Keep the comments coming, its excellent. Thanks everyone again for your time and thoughts.