PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No jobs yet.... type rating? eaglejet? what should I do?
Old 29th Jan 2012, 14:09
BigNumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TR and 500 hours Line Training Package.

Ignore the P2F preaching cobblers. No amount of SEP / FI time is going to plump your presently flat CV. Equally, Joining Eastern Airways or similar is no longer a rung on the ladder leading to better things... quite the opposite in fact. Not to mention they charge folks for a museum type rating anyway - don't line their pockets. Do you fancy being based in the major hub Wick?

Email Curd, and email him now. Soon enough his books will be full and no more room will exist for his schemes; there is already a waiting list building.

Remember 'skill fade'; when was the last time you flew IFR? IMO you need to act promptly before you 'used' to be a pilot! What a waste of time (and money) that would have been? There is no retirement bulge, there are 1000's of freshly minted FATPL's, so do the maths!!

I acknowledge that P2F is not a job; it does not guarantee employment. It does get you flying, you will get to use your licence, it's a fulfilling experience, and it does add to your CV. At least you can then apply for jobs as you meet the application criteria.

You know what needs to be done and, if I were you, I wouldn't delay.