PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No jobs yet.... type rating? eaglejet? what should I do?
Old 29th Jan 2012, 13:50
Chrisx3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry No jobs yet.... type rating? eaglejet? what should I do?

Dear All,

I am currently applying to all the jobs I can find that don't require type ratings on their recruitment sites, but they all seem to answer me that they prefer type rated pilots anyway..... what should I do? I'm hearing different views from everyone I talk to.

Some of my friends tell me to just get a type rating and the jobs will come. (but then theres the question of will they even hire me without the 500 hours on type they all talk about)

Then some people tell me to do a line training course with eaglejet (please no preaching about how bad p2fly schemes are cos most of you who do, have been pilots for years and havent got a clue what guys like me are going through at the moment, including huge debt, working menial jobs, and clicking away on the pc waiting for a miracle)

My problem and question is.... what do i do? can anyone give me advice?

DO i stick to my guns and hope some company will come around and hire me as a low time pilot with no type? (by the way Ryanair is pretty much out of the question as i failed my IR the first time and they just told me NO as if i'm not good enough)

DO i get the type rating and hope some company will hire me without the 500 or so hours on type?

or DO i just indebt myself even further and go work for free for a year or so in indonesia on a pay to fly scheme?

please serious advice only as im in the midst of making the most difficult decision of my life!

What has aviation come to?