PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Charter Job Or Instructor?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2012, 10:36
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Basically all you have to teach, are the mere fundamentals of flying. You can't pass on any experience, because with 200hrs, you barely have any experience to pass on. That's the problem, how can you put out a good student who's ready to face the world, when they have been taught by someone who is basically almost on the same level as them.

200hrs is not experienced. 200hrs is merely a tiny figure in which you've learnt enough to gain your licence. Even at 2,000hrs you are only probably just getting to a point where you have a few things you could pass onto someone with very little hours.

This whole instructor thing straight out of flying school themselves, ****'s me to tears. It should not be allowed.

The crux of it all, go and get some experience in charter rather than the blind leading the blind as an instructor with bugger all hours. I did the charter route and haven't regretted one bit of it. 8 years since I got my first job and I'm still not working for an airline, by pure choice and happiness with where I am now. Airlines aren't the be all and end all.

morno