PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greasing the ATC wheel, QF-style
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2002, 10:24
No Further Requirements

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geeze Adamastor, you sure know what customer service is. I honestly hope that post was a wind up. You just lost ATC many, many brownie points with our customers. I doubt QF will ever offer drinks again, or anything else for that matter. Again, well done. Check MATS mate, and tell me where QF is written in "Priorities".

On another note, Darwin (yes, go ahead and have a go at us) ATC put on an at least annual Tower Party. Here, all the GA and major operators at the airport are invited to ATC (pre S11, now at the 'stute) for a BBQ paid for by the ATC social club (not the RAAF, by the controllers themselves). Also, a couple of hundred bucks go into grog. Great night, excellent opporunities for meeting people and a valuable tool for customer relations (not to mention a super p!ssup!!!). Now, who is greasing who?

QF have the right to do with their money what they will, including purchasing some flying sheep shares. It is the theory behind it - social events where ATC and aircrew get together are a great forum for swapping professional opinion, getting to know names/faces & not just voices, and for general comraderie. Perhaps there could be another event organised without management input just for the hell of it. Anyway, enough ranting. Take care y'all. Cheers,

NFR.