PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cranfield - Night Rating
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2012, 11:34
italianjon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did it in the 150, but really only because that is what I was using for the IMC so it was nice to have the same plane.

A word of advice though, that someone offered me and it turned out to be so true... Never, Never, Never go flying at night unless you have at least a torch in EVERY single pocket you own...

I learnt a comical lesson when the Dome Light Bulb went at 2000 feet over Milton Keynes... luckily the person who gave me that advice did have that many torches and offered some help (after he stopped laughing when my one torch had a flat battery - I bet he's reading this in which case thanks mate, I'll drop you a line after I've looked at the flying clubs this weekend and let you know what I think of our German Cousins and Aviation!)...

Oh and also some other stuff I learned, is if you are fond of red filters, make sure you can easily remove it, or carry a white torch... because the CAA maps are crap under red light.

And make sure you have a camera.... quite simple stunning views of North London and things!!!!!!

After I finished the IMC And Night, my only regret is not doing it sooner!!!! Was really enjoyable getting those!!!