PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford V The other Modular Schools
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2002, 22:40
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All courses are basically the same (don't want to get accused of advertising here, so email me if you want more details!) - differences in emphasis and atmosphere but approvals mean they have to give roughly equivalent courses. Hence my comment about visiting the schools - go out and find where you can feel comfortable - the school should be delighted to show you around, after all they hope you'll spend many thousands of pounds with them!

In your area are many possibilities - 5 approved FTOs in Bournemouth alone covering one module or another (or all in our case). Southampton is a possibility for the flying side, and of Course I believe Oxford has some involvement in flying training.

and yes I sail - have been known to sail everything from a plank to 38-foot as opportunity presents itself. How about you?

Oh, and a quick correction for Johnny 7. All the sponsored students at Oxford go through their integrated course, whereas Tim wishes to take the modular route. There is no reason to think of the modular student as a "known quantity" any more than someone going through another CAA-approved modular course. The courses must be run seperately, as they have a different structure, hence the cost difference.