PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French Air Traffic Strike
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2002, 20:40
XFL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

French Air Traffic Control strike on monday in sympathy with other sectors POSSIBLY being privatised.
Please gentlemen : don't fall into this trap ! Because, this is a trap.

Out of 2000 french atcos, maybe 50 will actually be on strike tomorrow... But our governement strangely decided to launch the "minimum service plan", with all those *very* heavy consequences on traffic.

Two possible explanations :

1) our administration is stupid;

2) our administration wants to decredibilize us just before the immensely important european council on the 5th of December. So, if we decide to strike for this vital matter, our claims won't be heard by public opinion. Smart move...

I'm the first to be disguted by that and BTW, I'm not on strike tomorrow, but that won't change anything.

But one thing *is* sure : I'll soon do my best to defend my status, not to let DGAC turn into another NATS. I don't know what is sector closed due to "staff shortage" and I'm not eager to find out, thanks. I don't want supervisors answering me : "you'll do fine without this expensive [insert whatever feature was unserviceable by the time of the Uberligen accident]" etc.

It'd never happen here
ROTFL NATS, Railtrack, Consignia, ... Need I go on? Sometimes, a good strike is better than a catastrophe, nope? Don't I remember a saying with a straw and an eye...?

Last edited by XFL; 25th Nov 2002 at 20:50.