PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook entries
Thread: Logbook entries
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2012, 20:29
DutchDutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Markerinbound, let me try to explain what I mean with 'no longer effective'.

quote (from one of your previous posts)

As a qualified SIC, and as a required crewmember, you are "operating" the aircraft within the meaning of FAR 61.51(g). Therefore, as the SIC operating the aircraft "solely by reference to instruments under actual or simulated instrument flight conditions,"

Basically from what I understand is that you are saying because in this particular situation (part 91, multi crew, jet) it requires 2 pilot operation they can both log instrument time, however when it comes to landing the airplane (both pilots are still necessary since the sic is a required crew member) but one person can't log the landing.

To summarize, because you are a required crew member (as a SIC) you can log instrument time as well as the PIC but this does NOT apply when it comes to landing the airplane even though you are still a required crew member.

In my opinion it's confusing that you can log instrument time even though you are not flying or operating the airplane BUT you can't log the landings even though it's basically the same principle. (in my opinion)

I hope I made clear what I am trying to say, but again thanks for the imput I have my answers and that's what it's all about!