PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2012, 15:05
MAN777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why I love Dubai and EK

My work quite often takes me east usually using Emirates or Qatar but last week a short notice spell of work in Australia resulted in me using BA via LHR.

After a bad experience with BA years ago I vowed never to use them again but on this occasion I had no say in the matter as there were no seats available on EK and the employers thought they were doing me a favour sending me with "my' local carrier

The day started fine with a short flight on a very smart A319 shuttle into T5 at LHR, having never used T5 before I looked forward to the experience but alas it was not to be as my onward flight to Sydney was from T3, so I and a large portion of the MAN flight had to wait for a shuttle bus to take us through the bowels of Heathrow to T3, on arrival we waited in a long queue for another security screening and then emerged into a packed T3 lounge, there were no spare seats and all restaurants were heaving, this was not a relaxing environment. As the gate had not been displayed yet I couldn't even wait near there so I resorted to aimlessly wandering the duty free shops until the flight was finally called.

The flight was on a B777 via Singapore, cabin was a bit shabby, food awful and seating cramped, to be honest I couldn't wait to get off for a walk at Singapore, a couple of hours later it was back on for another torture session

The return 1 week later was on a B747 via Bangkok, better seat this time but VOD didn't work, food was still very poor, this time I came prepared with my own stock of food just in case.

The stop in Bangkok was another absurd fiasco, the whole plane off loaded, walk the entire length of the terminal pier, through security screening again, back down the pier again and 30 mins later back on the aircraft.

12 hours later back at LHR another coach transfer to T5, security screening and the A319 back to MAN.

Altogether a knackering and frustrating journey, I have now renewed my vow to never travel BA through LHR again, Emirates I apologise for the temporary lapse of common sense and will see you and Dubai again next month.