PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 23rd Jan 2012, 14:07
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suchyy: You are a very very lucky young man. In 2 years you will walk away with a Beng AND a commercial helicopter licence That is something most young men dream of!
I concur with Droopystop, the Beng qualification will make your way in life by getting you a good job. It will then pay for you to stay current with your helo licence and also eventually pay for upgrading it to an IR. Without an IR your options are limited but NOT closed. When the time comes you can then decide to convert fully to aviation as a pilot or stay in engineering and fly part time.
I have a colleague who recently did his CPL(H) and then pursuaded BOND to take him on for an IR. They paid him a full salary, deducted the cost of the IR and he became an oil rig co-pilot in 2 years. He has never looked back.
You will already have your CPL(H) free!!!
There are other threads on this site that show the cheapest way to go for an IR (Denmark I think???), have a look round. Pprune will feed you enormous amounts of excellent information and experience - enjoy.