PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 23rd Jan 2012, 03:46
carsickpuppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suchyy,

I suggested ATPL (A) because it may provide you a job a bit quicker than CHPL and since most of us are not financially independent, that is the main goal..to provide for yourself and family.

If your government is paying for one or the other, why not Airplanes? Just due to the fact that there are more Airplanes than Helicopters in the world your job prospects statistically would be better, especially if no IR on your heli license. Once you've done a few/several years as fixed-wing pilot go for the Rotary license, at least you'll have your fixed-wing license to fall back on if the heli-industry hits rough times.

Look into the job market where you can work legally and determine which segment has more likelihood of employing you in that first job... i.e. check with the flight schools, because likely your first job will be as FI.

How about your nation's military? They may be willing to train you for flying their helicopters for a several year commitment.

I do not intend to steer you away from helicopters, by all means if that is what you want to do, go for it... just looking at it pragmatically, that's my two cents.

Good luck