PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2012, 20:16
CrankyATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, here we go.

Things that i don't like in radio calls:

-Pilots (And i'm not only looking at GA ones here) who don't include all required information on first contact, neccesitating numerous calls to deliver the required info. And i'm not being nit picky here, things like levels, ATIS, inflight conditions, all of which affect the way we can process you.

-Pilots who argue the toss about whether they need a departure report or not. Granted, it is not as clear now as it once was, but if in doubt, ask. And if the ATC requests your departure report, theres a fairly good chance you need to give one. Don't argue.

-Not reading back "Holding point" in taxy clearances. Required info people. For those who are in the "well he gets the gist of it in this readback" club, not good enough. ATC are routinely stood down because they didn't enforce this readback, and the aircraft entered the runway without a clearance. Guess what? They cop the kick for it. I'm not saying it's right, just saying that's the way the system is.

And i'm sure there's plenty more. If you think ATC are being pedantic, we are. We have to deal with a potential stand down if we miss a readback, so for our own longevity in our careers, unfortunately, this is what is has come to.