PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2012, 06:41
Capn Bloggs

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by SleadLead
I am increasingly spared the agony of listening to often to many an Australian trained pilot trying to pass something as simple as a position report on a busy frequency --- and get it ICAO correct.
Oh for FFS. Isn't that what some of us have been saying here? A PR is p1ss easy: try it a few times (as per AIP) and you'll get it right thereafter. It ain't that hard!! If the AIP PR format is wrong, then get it changed!

There is far more than just standard phrases, it's all about how to communicate --- including, for example, how you vary what you have to say, depending on the circumstances.
Righto, put your money where your mouth is and give us an example of "varying what you have to say".

Why don't you do something smart, invest in a copy of UK CAA CAP413 (99.9% straight ICAO) and actually learn about "aviation communications".
I've got better things to spend my money on. I am quite happy saying what's in the book which details what the rules in Oz are. If some ICAO-centric @#$% wants it changed, then go for it. Stop sledging those of us who take pride in getting right what really is pretty easy in the vast majority of situations, if you take the time to actually read the book.