PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2012, 03:47
Slippery_Pete

Received 373 Likes on 70 Posts
If you are in the industry as a professional you will realise that there is more to flying than sounding like the ace of base.
This is exactly the point you are missing. The pilots who place importance on getting the radio work right sound boring - because it's the same every time - easier for other pilots, easier for ATC, easier for awareness in a multicrew environment.

If you think trying to "sound like the ace of the base" on the radio = accurate, compliant & safe radio you have utterly missed the fundamental point of the original post.

I have not looked at the AIP communications section for a long time and have no desire to either.
This epitomises everything that is wrong with Australian aviation today.

Please don't tell me that you were once a flying instructor or are planning on an instructing or training position - I can handle individuals with this attitude and accept that it probably won't change, but I shudder to think that this level of disregard might be passed on to others in the industry, particularly newbies.

It's the weekend so you better get back to that AIP. Have fun! I will go back to my imaginary sail boat.
It's not about spending every weekend reading the AIP as you have made it out to be. It's about spending a little bit of time, every now and then (such as on long sectors) making the effort to get a little bit better.

A pilot who doesn't want to get better in every area is an accident waiting to happen.