PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2012, 01:34
VH-FTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was a well thought out reply.

Don't worry though, I won't be picking you up when you get it wrong. That's the job of your training and checking department. Hopefully they're doing their job properly. If you are a trainer or checkie, god help us all with an attitude like that.

I'm all for task management etc, but there's no excuse for getting R/T wrong. I'm not talking about "ing" vs "s" - that was never my argument, nor am I arguing that when the ****e hits the fan and you've reached the point of task saturation that you should still be able to communicate in a 100% error free manner. But when you hear an RPT operator who can't either get a CTAF call or departure report done properly, it says a lot them as a pilot. Not communicating properly can cause back-flow problems to navigating and aviating. At the very least it is time consuming when ATC or other pilots call them back. At the worst, accidents have happened.

How many controllers have replied to this thread saying "nah, it's cool when pilots don't give me the required info"? None! They're the ones processing the information we give them. The ones pulling their willies are the pilots who think they're too cool to research or go back through their procedures once or twice a year.