PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2012, 01:02
Tempo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviate, navigate, communicate huh? Communicate is still in that saying - just because it is a lower priority doesn't give you an excuse to do it incorrectly.

That's alright, keep thinking about your sail boat and don't worry about proper communications. Gives me something to laugh at when I hear your tripe on the radio. I have a really sad life anyway, only reading through the AIPs on weekends - so the laughing at your rubbish calls helps me prevent self- harm.
Good on you FTS, a well thought out and intelligent reply. If you are in the industry as a professional you will realise that there is more to flying than sounding like the ace of base. I have flown with many people over the years and some of the most instinctive and practical pilots were not the best radio call wise. But really, give me a good operator who has excellent S/A and practical knowledge rather than some pain in the ass who picks you up every time you fart incorrectly. You keep studying that AIP if it makes you feel better and feel free to pick me up because I say the wrong thing. I have not looked at the AIP communications section for a long time and have no desire to either.The guys that I admire and respect are those who go about their business with eyes on the big picture, not this bull****.

It's the weekend so you better get back to that AIP. Have fun! I will go back to my imaginary sail boat.