PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Over-reliance on English language
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2012, 23:41
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be fair, that was the only time I have ever seen the need for any miming and I got the impression that this particular group of cabin crew were just not interested in even trying to help the lady - something I had not seen before or, thankfully, since. The lady was a foreigner who didn't speak English, didn't appear to be wealthy. It was the complete lack of effort on the part of everyone, not just the particular crew member, combined with an uneasy feeling that she was simply regarded as a lesser being and therefore not worth bothering with, which made me wonder if they had ever had any training in such matters, hence my suggestion. Should I ever be in that situation again I would exactly the same but do it when the particular person could both see and hear me - politely of course, and hope my message that any effort made by her was particularly poor and simply needed a tiny bit of effort. I KNOW you have a difficult job at times and people are not always as polite and well behaved as they should be but this was simply a case of the lady being unable to understand not being ignorant and it made me cross. Oh, and before anyone asks, it wasn't BA.
Juud, I wish I had been there to see that.