Thread: GLA slipping
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2002, 23:23
Blue Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pick A Window......

Joe,

Where to begin.

1) I want to hear the correct figures, whatever station they show is the busiest, GLA or EDI, not from some Raspberry who has no professional interest in the Aviation business, other than taking photo's from the A8.

2) I am not the paranoid type. I used to live in the West of Scotland (Lenzie - and worked at both GLA & EDI), therefore, although the capital is Edinburgh, the largest City and connurbations are in the West, and strangely where the main Airport is situated - Where is the problem? Some people call it Economics!

3) Clarify the comment:

>>50% of PIK's pax are actually going to Edinburgh<<

How can it be that 50% of the pax travelling through PIK actually fly through EDI
Want me to buy you a calculator for Xmas??

4) Repeating the question from 'nef'. Provide the source for the above comment about 50% of PIK pax, etc.

5) One should never assume anything! No one has ever made any suggestion that the majority of pax travelling through EDI are from the east end of Glasgow and the Lanarkshire suburbs.

6) >>The vast population pools of Airdrie, Coatbridge, Motherwell and Wishaw etc, would also avail themselves to EDI's convenience<< 'The vast population pools - since when?
When the M74 extension is built, therefore bypassing Glasgow City Center, GLA will actually be closer that EDI for those people.
Will that be the grounds for another conspiracy theory?

Joe, stop asking for a fight. GLA is, and will always be the prefered choice for the few International carriers that choose to fly into Scotland. Accept the fact that, despite the puppet parliament, the east is east, but the west is best.

Ramadan Kareem,

BB