PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 21st Jan 2012, 23:00
Suchyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help and information needed

Hi everybody,

I'm writing here hoping that you can have some valuable information and who if not you will be even able to understand me.

A little background so that you all can understand my concerns properly.

So here I'm a student at a small Polish community college in God forsaken place. I'm majoring in Mechanical Engineering with Helicopter Pilot Studies Program. You may ask who is paying for my Pilot Studies Program? Well, Polish Government is. I'm doing BEng and right now I'm on 2 year out of 4 I need to complete in order to get the BEng Diploma.

When I was going through recruitment phase, which taken place right after finishing my 1st year, I was given a choice between frozen ATPL(A) and CPL(H)/IR Pilot Studies Program. I've chosen CPL(H)/IR. But my problem is a little bit more complicated than that. Right now, due to some problems with money - I'm only a student so what can I know what is really happening - however, we were told that we wouldn't be given CPL(H)/IR but only CPL(H) with 135hrs.

Getting to the bottom of my problem. Given the situation I'm in I have only 2 choices. First is to continue my CPL(H) program and hope there will be someone who would like to employ helicopter pilot with so little experience or switch to ATPL(A) program and then worry about getting a job. What would you do in my situation? Is there even slightest possibility that somebody would actually hire somebody with only CPL(H) and 135hrs of experience?

My dream is to work as a pilot on oil/gas rigs. On one hand I know that everything is possible but on the other hand is it possible to get a job like that without IR? \

I must say that I can't afford to get an IR by myself. That is a reason why I'm studying in God forsaken place instead of being enrolled in best possible university in place like Warsaw or Cracow...