PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2012, 06:17
Slippery_Pete

Received 373 Likes on 70 Posts
Back this statement up? Of course not.
That's my opinion from years of checking airline pilots, but if you don't agree that's none of my business and you are entitled to that opinion.
I've seen some pilots who are disciplined and accurate on the radio who were poor overall, and pilots with slack communications who were good overall. But they are the exception to the rule - in the vast majority of cases (>95%) the two go hand in hand.

Why stop at r/t though? How about pilots who don't have shiny shoes or who don't wear a tie or a hat? They don't care about their appearance. If they don't care about their apperance then they probably don't care about other aspects of their aviation. How about pilots who get speeding tickets? If they are so casual about road rules then they probably break avaition rules as well? How many times have you read on Prune "How can you be a professional pilot if you can't spell properly?"

I've read all these opinions here on Prune before, and they all make about the same amount of sense
I'm sorry it doesn't make sense to you, but it would to most pilots who treat flying as their profession, not their job.

Your profile says you are a 48 year old Dash 8 FO. I'm just curious, but is that accurate?

Big call there, fella. I love being called lazy and ignorant because I have a different OPINION than you. If all the calls were presented in an easy to understand, easy to reference, simple manner then I might agree.
It would probably take you less time to read that section of the AIP and become more compliant than to type your last post about how unimportant you think it is.