PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2012, 18:02
silverstreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QR do indeed use A320s for some European flights. GVA has recently gone down from A330 to A320 on some days (even a 319 recently due to payload restrictions on the 320).

With the planned decrease in MAN flights (14 down to 10 I think) there will be spare capacity but the new 5 x Daily to LHR starting soon will use this aircraft to some extent.

2nd EK at GLA is a small blow to EDI but QR have ambitious plans of their own for the UK. With new aircraft arriving (an A320 yesterday) and the 787 due mid-tail end of the year, along with more B777s and the A380, its an exciting time. Its not all about being the biggest (EK), its about what you offer to the passenger both in the air (on board) and on the ground, facilities wise and recovery measures when things go astray. QR do look after the customer in all phases of the journey to an exceptional standard.

EDI has the facilities in place, albeit limited but with new owners on the horizon who will want to attract new airlines and customers things will improve. There is about to be a business longe vacated by bmi, which would be ideal for an airline such as QR, right outside Stands 4 / 6 which have airbridges. QR offer excellent connections from their hub in DOH and once the new airport opens - 12.12.2012, it will be even better. The BAA didnt ever do justice to EDI, competing with GLA (Scottish HQ). Very slow to expand and invest. And of course both lagged investment due to LHR and LGW being the jewels in the crown - LoL!

Best thing that has happened to EDI is the sale to a new owner to invest and develop. New owners will not buy EDI to sit on it. They want to make a return on their money. The future I think is looking better than ever for EDI!

Lets wait and see what happens. May take a little time but as I say, hopefully worth the wait