PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Budget carrier having a laugh
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2002, 10:09
Engee73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a few critisims of easy myself, but as far as this scheme goes I do not. By recruiting low time pilots easy takes a significant risk and I (as a shareholder and emploee) consider that it is not unreasonalble to share this risk, especially when the airline is considered as a stepping stone to other things. You do not have to take this route. Feel free to fly the turboprops for a few extra years, I think it will be beneficial in the future. If you want to jump straight into a jet though this is the way it is going. It is difficult not to when the competition (ryanair) is demanding a type rating.

In my mind where easy is going wrong is they have not (yet) set a standard of terms and conditions that make it a career airline. It is this reason alone that bonds are required.

You are not paying for an empty type rating, you are paying for a guarenteed kick start to you career that is more than likely going to put you in a better position in the long term. Exercise your discretion if you wish.

Once again good luck to those who do chose to apply.

NG