PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Idea!!
Thread: No Idea!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2002, 04:46
Skyway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You all miss the point about Grade 3 Instructors. OK there is no doubt that a commercial pilot should know their stuff with regards to there own flying and a Grade 3 instructor should know the content to be passed on, BUT experience is everything, and unfortunatly here in Australia the Instructor rating is seen by many a club/school as a money making exercise and the standard of instructor course varies greatly between them.

Just as in any other Profession Instructing/Teaching/Tutoring and training skills takes time to develop. Unfortunately Instructors are not around long enough to become Professional Instructors and so the poor old Grade 3 who wants to be a Professional Instructor misses out, why you ask, well why would an organisation want Instructors to stay on when the hint of a job attracts so many Instructor hour building wannabes? MONEY MONEY MONEY!

I myself am a Grade 3 Instructor who got lured away to the bush to fly charter because my aspirations align with becoming a full-time Professional Instructor. Oh no you don't want Airlines, I here you say, thats right meet someone who just loves passing on experience and knowledge. I believe that Grade 3 Instructors do set the right example, do pass on the right knowledge and demonstrate correct flight techniques, however polishing the stone takes time.