PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to go . . .
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2012, 12:00
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
43 is tremendously expensive, but it is a decent flying school. And on a mildly derailing note, I'm still trying to work out how some people expect all the instructors at a school to have thousands of hours of experience and have made a career of instructing, despite the giant logic vortex that this represents, ie they've somehow decided to forgo a job which actually pays them something called money in order to teach you how to fly. In my opinion, a) everybodies still learning, if they're being honest, and b) a newly minted instructor, who is competent at both flying and instructing, is perfectly capable of teaching a PPL (all 43 will allow somebody with that level of experience to do, at least until they get a few students under their belt).

Not to worry though, I have a solution: Make it illegal to give instruction unless you have 1500 hours of instruction. (Based on historical application of logic, this would be the CAA prefered ruling)

More seriously (but still ridiculous), make the minimum total time for an instructors rating 5000 hours. Since no sane person would give up their full time job to instruct once they reach this experience level (or are about to retire, ie you'll only get instruction from old toppies), you'll make instructors so rare that they can charge a living wage. Or beyond I'm obviously talking about giving full time instruction here. Part time instruction is a different story - that involves the student waiting around until the lesson is due to start. At this point, he or she will receive a phone call from the instructor detailing the reasons they can't make the lesson today.

No need to thank me.....