PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Budget carrier having a laugh
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2002, 22:21
AMEX

Sorry WWW but when you joined go, did you have to pay for your rating ? If not, why should we ?
Wait.... I know the answer to that one.
Because it is life and it is a tough one so we have no choice but to get on with it. Right ?!? Well not quite, life is what WE make of it.

As for .....Much better than say getting a turboprop job for 3 years on £20k - £25k and *then* moving on to a jet job....

May I ask you what is wrong with flying turbo-props ? If really you mean the money isn't worth the effort then why did you instruct ? Surely you would have been better of waiting for a deal like EZ is offering and jumped straight into a jet.

I am very annoyed with the fact that there is only one way to be considered as a pilot these days and it is if you fly a Boeing/Airbus with less than a 1000 hours.

How about this guy I met last week ? He ferries aeroplanes around the world (Single Turbo prop mini as he isn't totally mad.
I met him the day before his Atlantic crossing so we got time to make the most of NCL and listen to each others stories.
Young guy and fantastic exeprience he has and Oh.... actually I forgot to tell that in real life he flies Dash 8s in N. America for an airline but I guess these days he doesn't stand a chance to be considered to be "one of us" (Mind you I use the expression loosely as I am not a Boeing/Bus driver).

(A very annoyed Amex who has enough of reading about £5000 deals for Caravan rating (when there is not even a single potential job in the UK), Airlines asking you to finance your rating with active pilots telling you what a great opportunity it is and how lucky you are, etc.... )

As BronzeAge said

So you think that we should all pay for our rating then?

Ok ......LPC......OPC........medical.........

Can't wait for it to happen.