PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happens to a damage plane
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2012, 10:29
baron_beeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they decide that they do need to fork out the money to get you to do some work, no problem. "we'll start when you pay last years bill, AND we'll have that amount again UPFRONT before we start this years work."
Exactly, and that is what the Chief Engineer suggested.
Actually it became, - pretend to do the induction, take some money, then hand the logbooks back.

Hangars cannot withhold logbooks, in this case a debt collector had possession of them.
You will not believe how badly it all ended up.
The aircraft does come in, the LAME takes leave..
Pilot on a death wish basically kills himself, engineers lose jobs, face court... Company collapses, - and the money... well no need to ask. Everyone loses, all because of one customer !!

As I mentioned earlier, there are not many bad operators about but the industry is small and the hangars do have the proverbial 40' pole.

Perhaps some of this is news to many reading. Those that have worked in any hangar for more than a year or so will be drawing parallels already.

Even operators know the problem owners that are about... but because they generally don't have a financial interest themselves you normally find nothing too much is said.

It really is important for the industry that good communication exists between the operator and maintenance facility.
That brings us back to the original question. Asking an Internet forum may not necessarily be the best way to get back in the air in a timely manner.

I am not suggesting anyone here is a bad payer or tinkerer, - it is just so much easier for all to have that good working relationship.
It is much easier to discuss the job while in progress than argue about the bill afterwards. And yes, I do know and understand that works both ways also.
I am a customer also..