PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAA training at YMMB?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2012, 02:24
SW3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MIHC I respect your position and your opinion so please don't assume any pro RAA comments come from non professional pilots wanting something for nothing. I've spent a long time in the industry as well going from small to big and still fly both so my opinion isn't from a lack of understanding. Trust me, GA is not immune to less than desirable piloting techniques and professionalism.
CTA is not some mystical airspace open to a select few. It's open sky after all. Learn the procedures and operate to them meticulously (one of my pet things) and everyone will be fine. I hear no difference in skill level at times between a 'weekend warrior' GA pilot and an RAA pilot, all of us can always do a better job and no one ever gets it perfect.
As for near enough is good enough, tarring all with one brush don't you think? It's only that way of one chooses so, GA or RAA. Irrespective of type, all training must be conducted properly, otherwise don't bother. I know of an RAA instructor having to fly out and find a lost Warrior on a Nav. After landing a lack of basic Nav skills was to blame. And GA training is flawless? From a 300 hour instructor just chasing hours? In my option the standard needs lifting, industry wide.