PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happens to a damage plane
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2012, 01:35
Clearedtoreenter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non-payment and tinkering would be the worst offending.
You really need to have a good working relationship with the LAME..... he not only has to deal with the aircraft but the owners as well.
Yes, rule number zero... pay your bill INSTANTLY and don't query anything whatever you do... but above all remember you are just a stupid pilot and so don't even pretend you might understand anything about what has been going on... just pay up and shut up till next time. Yes, a good working relationship is essential if you want anything to happen in your lifetime but the working relationship seems to go much easier if you have a fleet of flying school aircraft and you need a couple of 100 hourlys every week, even it seems if you're not very good at paying your bills.... Jobs like a couple of skins from a private punter once in while are just the cream on the cake... Word does get around...once you become known as whinger, you'd do better to find another airport, sell your plane and completely discconnect yourself from anything to do with aviation, move interstate or preferably overseas!

Whinge away, because whether you are paying or the ins co.....you ARE the customer.
Well yes, thats true. When I take my $250,000 aircraft in for some work, I'd love to get treated the way I do when I take my $250000 Ferrari... (well no, actually I don't have a Ferrari really and not likely to whilst ever i have anything to do with aviation.) As an occasional punter needing a a couple of skins, the essential 'working relationship' with your LAME is the only way to get anything to happen but completely expendable to him and you have to understand that the LAME grapevine will come into play if they take a dislike to you... so pay your bills very quickly and don't whinge! They can pick and choose their work to some extent, they all know eachother and they know where you live...