PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2012, 12:33
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not saying that for a young guy with no family this is not something you should go for. It depends on your circumstances as to weather or not it is suitable.

Now back to your remarks.

We are NOT cathay cynics. A lot of us are currently employed pilots with CX.

18 months as an SO, 7 years ago maybe for a month before it went out again. In my opinion and many others CURRENTLY working for CX it will not be lower than 4 years till JFO again.

12 Years max till captain!!! Where are you getting this from. Suggest you check out the following thread.

http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbo...-f-o-life.html

Probably everyone posting is a CURRENT CX pilot in above thread. Is it mentioned anywhere that 12 years is the max that is expected.

You honestly sound like you are trying to wind people up. I hope so as to be that ill informed, about what will be at a minimum the next 10 years of your life till you can move on with transferable experience, is pretty amazing.

If you are for real I am amazed at your ignorance. By all means go for the scheme if it is suitable to you, it is a good deal for a new 0 time guy. But for gods sake know what you are getting into and not just listen to one ex pilot from the era when everyone wanted to be a pilot with CX.