PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job with Norwegian on a Parc contract
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2012, 07:27
Tally-ho1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be surprised if the Norwegian pilots are going to strike (or making any other legal action). They are already separated in different groups (OSL pilots, estonian contracts-pilots, PARC-contracts-pilots), and to me it seems difficult for them to have the same goal at all.

Btw - there are rumouers that DY also are looking at other bases, like LPA, and that also those pilots will be employed on contracts. What I heard is that all new pilots in the future will be contract based pilots...(spanish pilots?)

My guess is that this new "philosophy" will squeeze the other scandinavian operators, making them forced to follow sooner or later.
The answer from companies like SAS, Thomas Cook Scandinavia etc, have so far been to "downgrade" FO start salary, but otherwise no other changes so far. The unions in those companies will not accept different pilot groups, with different goals.

And talking about SAS....someone told that they need to let some more pilots leave, short time after they reemployed. Some others here maybe know more about it...? Something to do with the long hauls?