PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CDS Vs Hoon
Thread: CDS Vs Hoon
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2002, 14:05
A Civilian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact that im not in the air force, the army or the navy does not mean that I cant judge on this war. Can anyone imagine us going to war with Iraq by ourselves? Espically as he has never bothered us. We all know that were only going there because America is. We all know that its about oil as Saudi is a bit dodgy nowadays and Venezula the US's other major oil supplier isnt so friendly nowadays after the CIA backed coup attept failed So Iraq is on the cards. And as American oil magnets have already met with Iraqi exiles to carve up the spoils im sure the black gold will be gushing as soon as Sadam is gone.

So lets get back to the topic. America wants the oil. However it cant simply take it without the UN's backing. To get the UN's backing it needs its friends to run interference for it. Hence we get to go in with the Americans as a disguise (along with others) so that this isnt a purely American war which would inflame the arab's further and probably cause more muslems to go join al-queda holy crusade. Bush just needs names on the coalition's banner. Their contribution to the coalition is unnecessary as long as he gets to name them as allies, once he gets a muslem country on that list the wars on.

it is thanks to me and ALL my fellow servicemen that you are enable publicly spout such stuff
This is getting completely off topic here. Yes I respect all those servicemen who volunteered to serve there country. What else do you expect me to say? that I hate you all or something? If you want everyone to have respect for you then go on and take over the country as you've all been talking about. I certainly wont stop you as I dont want to die. Im no patriot and neither do I hold much faith in politics (I dont vote) or in Tony Blair so go ahead and live up the limelight.