PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is the best deal at the moment? Emirates/Qatar/FD/Etihad?
Old 15th Jan 2012, 16:05
bigcheeks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigcheeks!! You must be a right tight git to be saving 25,000 AED per month!
Did you read my post?
fully serviced luxury studio on a monthly basis, eating out most nights, entertaining, shopping & enjoying.
I also drive a luxury car and I am always paying for the date's dinner, movie etc...

I think where most guys go wrong is with the housing. I sit and laugh when guys complain about no money yet are ok with wasting the full 160,000 on accomodation. How many times I have heard 'I'm happy to pay 160,000 a year because its within the allowance'...If u think like that then you are a fool. I consider the 160,000 as part of my annual income because EY allow you to spend it as you wish. If you choose to spend it all on a house then your choice and your loss. 160,000 a year is US$840 per week. In no circumstances will I spend that much money on renting.

This place is suited for single guys or married couples who are both working. If I had to raise a family here on a single income then I'd return home because there wouldnt be much leftover at the end - probably a little more than compared with back home, but not enough to make it worthwhile. In my case it is extremely worthwhile so I will stay as long as I enjoy it.

No chance of getting away on your two days off at EY. Seems to be only one destination on the 777, Manila. A320, night Karachi
I enjoy my 2-4 block of days off in Abu Dhabi and go home 3 times a year for 2 weeks at a time on annual leave. Ive been on the 320 about 12 months and have yet to see Karachi!

I always get at least one of my primary or secondary requests each month. I have also never done two India red-eyes back-to-back. I have absolutely no complaints about the roster. I've yet to feel fatigued and when I do I will simply report fatigued and will not fly.