PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freighter Rosters
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2012, 13:18
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So as long as you are "staying" in the hotel, no problem. Check in, "stay" there, and show up on time, well rested, for your next duty. What you do for leisure inside or outside your hotel room is up to you. As for the last bit about being contactable, it's meaningless, since your rest period is time "free from duty" and you could be sleeping or skiing or drinking or boinking, you are not on reserve, and you do not have a free global roaming mobile phone provided by the company. I think a "reasonable time" to be contacted is when you are back in your room (if you wish) or when you are back on duty.
While I agree with you that this is grey and we should interpret it favorably for us, contactable means that you can't disappear completely. If they have been trying to reach you for 24hours you might have a hard time explaining yourself.

You often get 36hours or more rest in ANC, but only part of that is REQUIRED AFTL / RP rest (Duty + local night requirements).

But I do agree with you Iron, that doesn't mean you are on reserve. You can still be contactable but not be USEABLE, as in "I just had a beer" or "you are not giving me enough notification time to plan my rest", then it is a big "CAN NOT".

Any change in duty for earlier departure requires 12 hours notice, and that is IF (a big IF) it is acceptable to you and you feel you can be rested for it. Remember, that is your responsibility, NOT the company's. So just because it is "legal", does not mean it is "achievable".

And of course, any delay, means the duty auto-starts after 4 hours. In the winter in Anchorage, that most likely means a 4th man or a delay of at least 12 hours. So your first question if you are delayed more than 4 hours is how long your new FDP will be and will we need a fourth man.