PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Budget carrier having a laugh
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2002, 10:59
Dan Winterland

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Worriedwife,

This industry is fickle and one thing that is safe to say is that it won't be the same in two years time when your hubby is looking for a job. I left the military about 15 months ago to join an expanding company when things were looking bright. Four weeks later (Sept 12th, 2001!) things were looking a bit different. In fact, I had achieved being made redundant from my first company without actually having left the RAF at that point! The upshot - the company wanted me back, but I left anyway having found a better job. You never can tell in this industry, but it's not a secure as the forces. But then again, no one shoots at you.

Reading behind the lines behind the eJ scheme (pay for your type rating and line training and they will refund you gradually when they know you can cut the mustard) it shows that there is a reduction in the supply of lean hungry pilots with hours. OK, the company is takingthepiss a bit with this deal by not wanting to take the training risk themselves, but it's a good opportunity for low timers (and 500 hrs is low time) to get a jet job, albeit having to put their money where their mouth takes them.

Mates in eJ reckon it's still a good company to work for