PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2012, 05:45
allthecoolnamesarego

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, my two bobs worth.
I'm not sure why people can't come to terms with correct R/T. It really isn't that hard to read, understand and repeat.
With R/T, (as with many things in life), those that argue 'It's not that important', or 'as long as I get the general idea out there' are usually too lazy to try (and not brave enough to admit they're lazy) or lack the spare capacity to operate an aircraft AND make correct R/T at the same time.
The rules are rules, and as PROFESSIONAL pilots, we should, at the very least, ATTEMPT to make srandard and correct R/T.
A lot (notice it is A LOT and not alot ) of what we say on the radio is said in a particular fashion for a reason. If you think it is wrong, write a submission to CASA to have it changed.
Of all the things we as aviators face and are expected to do, making correct radio calls should be the easiest of the lot.
Read, remember, repeat.

As an old instructor of mine once said (talking particularly about formation - but it applies to flying in general) "look good coming over the base, and sound good on over radio".

Over and out😜
(yes I know that is wrong - I'm joking for god's sake )