PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Treacherous fishhead berates F-ing crabs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2002, 03:05
jockspice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Jacko
You may be the diamond in the rough, but the rest are rough as F%ck.
This whole thread is generated from a journo copying a throw away line in the crewroom that the boys thought wouldn't get published - bad luck that they were quoted, but shame on GQ that made the RN, and the forces in general, look bad in this instance for want of more coverage.
I, for one, am p*ssed off that I am seen by the public as a tax burden and that the money that is paid to me and everyone else in the services would be better served going into schools, hospitals, the homeless and other social services. Isn't the freedom we endevour to uphold the most social service there is?
(to anyone cynical enough to say "what freedom?", we still have english as the primary language to our country, dont we?)
Why do the press, and public at large, see us as a liability and would rather shoot us down than praise us? Jacko, over to you!

Sorry for the burst transmission, but I've just got back from the USA where the forces are treated in a different way to us!

PS: Apart from the rare exception, I would not trust a journo as far as I could throw him ( which is a pretty long damn way! )

any spelling mistakes are because it is waaaaaaay past my bedtime