PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2012, 14:17
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose you all noticed that Emirates are putting a second daily flight plus larger a/c into Glasgow from 1st June....will this affect NCL chances for the 777 or additional frequency?
I had assumed that GLA was 2* daily in any event, if not then it's a long time since the decision was made at EK.
As for GLA's 777 equipment this is probably more in the context of the fleet disposal plans of the 330's.
As for NCL 2* daily is a no go, as for eventual NCL 330 replacement, all seems to have gone very quiet.
I would imagine NCL will, as likely as not, be the last destination on the A330 route network as & when they are all disposed of. As to what happens then is anyones guess, perhaps optimistic to mention A350's. I would have thought that the earlier plans of 777 equipment for NCL would have been published by now....are all spare 777's that are coming available are being used to replace 330's taken out of service elsewhere?
As to why GLA would get 777 swap instead of NCL then this probably has something to do with operating performance issues of the various type's of 772's & 773's at NCL as much as down to pax LF's.
To a lesser extent then EK marketing can control the demand for their various UK services by promotion through price differentials & other discounting & marketing activities. As such then whether there is any drop off in pax / freight due to migration away from NCL to GLA/MAN depends as much as anything as to where EK view NCL in their long UK operations strategy.