PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trislanders
Thread: Trislanders
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2002, 21:22
chimbu warrior

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts
Torres............ it was remiss of you not to remind your diligent readers of the importance of accurate weight and balance calculations in the Tristar......surely you recall the demise of the Provincial Air Services machine at Annenberg? It is now keeping company with a 402 at the bottom of the Ramu river.
I was on the same team as you Torres, and despite being the world's largest operator of Islanders, RDB knew a lemon when he saw one and was never tempted by the BN3.
I do recall PAS and Douglas pilots telling me that the Tristar carried less than an Islander in the highlands. I think there are one or two BN3's in Fiji and Kiribati these days.....good place for them.

And I almost forgot....regarding the "box the Trislander came in"....you no doubt recall the SC-7 of Bougair............they sent a beancounter to the US to buy a DHC-6 and he made two crucial errors. Firstly, he came back, and secondly he had bought a "sort of" Twin Otter!

And I almost forgot....regarding the "box the Trislander came in"....you no doubt recall the SC-7 of Bougair............they sent a beancounter to the US to buy a DHC-6 and he made two crucial errors. Firstly, he came back, and secondly he had bought a "sort of" Twin Otter!