PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2012, 06:49
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll relax a little about radio calls when just one of you IFR pilots tells me why their taxy call is:

'Melbourne Centre, ABC taxy-ing IFR Wagga for Bankstown request traffic and code'

When the correct call is:

'Melbourne Centre, ABC, Chieftain, POB 6, IFR, Taxy-ing Wagga for Bankstown, Runway 23

Which one of you started the crap? If you don't get a code, squawk 2000, if you don't get a traffic statement and there is any, holiday time for the ATC.

This garbage has even made it's way into the RAAF. Why are you RAAF pilots adopting this garbage?

You may think that not using standard phraseology is ok, what's it matter? It matters particularly when it's busy and I have to go back and ask you what your departure runway is so the inbound traffic knows. The POB is there for a reason. If anything happens to you and a phase is declared the services need to know how many people they are looking for.

Things happen quickly at times (not all the time). When our sectors are on combine one person is managing 7 frequencies (sectors), they are on re-transmit but you are not necessarily hearing everyone else. You don't know at times how busy the ATC is.

I don't see why it is so difficult to look at AIP GEN page 3.4 - 48 para 5.14.4 for your taxy call when you are going to be doing it every day?