PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2012, 06:43
travelator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DI Vosh. You have accused Bloggs as being black or white yet you are also guilty by stating this is compliance vs productivity. You can be compliant and productive, they are not mutually exclusive. If you say taxis instead of taxiing then you are being productive, however if you say taxiing then you are both productive and compliant.

As for the climbing to flight levels. Simply say the level you are climbing to, your flight planned level. If you want to change it then can do so with ATC and everybody knows what you are doing. I am at FL350 and you say flight levels, are you planning on climbing that high? Am I going have to make a radio call to see if we conflict? If you say your flight planned altitude then that covers everyone in between and excludes all else. Far more efficient and productive.

Somebody else mentioned the old "aviate, navigate, communicate" chestnut. "Communicate" being the third priority is not an excuse to be sloppy. We, as professionals, should be striving to get every aspect of our work correct.

I am amazed at some of the comments and attacks on this thread. A lot of you guys are getting upset at those pointing out the correct ways of doing things without any valid reasons to do it otherwise. Other than DI Vosh who has tried to justify not doing it correct, the rest are just name calling. If you can't be bothered doing it the way it is set out in the AIP then that's fine by me, just don't try and justify it by being anything other than lazy and ignorant.

PS ecovictim, it should actually be "ABC descending to FLXX", if not identified then you would add "leaving FLXX". "on climb" and "on descent" are non-standard and as such, do not exist in the AIP.