PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is the best deal at the moment? Emirates/Qatar/FD/Etihad?
Old 11th Jan 2012, 22:00
GShocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... or you all can answer in public as well, because there are lots of other people who would like to hear details about everything.

I've applied to EK and been through the interviews and sim and now waiting for a call to go to final assessments in Dubai.

I'm also planning to move by myself but I have family I will leave behind. I have two children but they are so small, (older just began school) so I cannot take them with me and with their mother we have had our roads crossing for a number of years now and even though we are not married I still am going to leave her, whether I go to Dubai or not. Nevertheless, I'm planning to send part of my salary back home for my kids.

So do you guys think it's impossible to keep (a bigger) part of the salary for yourself and send a small amount back home and still live a decent life in UAE? Compared on my current position I'd almost triple my monthly salary in EK and by moving there I wouldn't have to pay astronomical rents of the houses that we have in my country.

I'd say at least financially the EK deal would be quite nice. What comes to my kids, well, internet and phones are invented, planes do fly between Europe and UAE quite often and even though EK duty hours are quite high at the time, I can't imagine that there wouldn't be a few days off in a row every now and then to be able to fly to home country to pay a visit to my kids. And of course they are able to come to me in Dubai when they have vacation from school.

Are my thoughts just pure utopia or do they make any sense at all. Active EK pilots, please comment.