PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is the best deal at the moment? Emirates/Qatar/FD/Etihad?
Old 11th Jan 2012, 13:49
Lowrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses again. Much appreciated. I was leaning towards Emirates before posting and after your replies still do.

In the ME there is no job security. You might find yourself in trouble for a number of silly reasons.
What exactly do you mean by that?

You will spend enourmous amount of money cause that is how everything is set up .. to make you spend. Dubai's money stays in Dubai.
My situation is that I don't know where the future of my present company is headed, so layoffs may be a possibility down the road. If I go to the Middle east , I would set my mind that it's temporary (2-4 years) with the option of extending my stay if I feel comfortable. With that mindset I think it should be bearable for a couple of years even if I don't like it there.

My biggest motivation to go there is the money, since I will be able to find other jobs in Europe (already have interviews). However, since I am already away from home for my present job and the other jobs I will be interviewing for, I thought why not go a bit further away to get more money.

Can you elaborate "Dubai's money stays in Dubai"?

Do you mean that you spend a lot of cash because you get bored?

I just want to live a simple life, go to the grocery store and stay in my apartment, by the pool, sitting at my computer or what ever and maybe occasionally going for something to eat or a beer with who ever I make acquaintance with. Will that eat up my AED 28.000? I'm single, no children. If so my motivation to go there disappeared instantly. Actually I was hoping I could send home at least AED 15.000 to my bank in Europe each month - is that unrealistic?

You may PM me if you are more comfortable. Same goes for everyone else of course.

And everyone thanks again for taking your time.