PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RADIO CALLS!
Thread: RADIO CALLS!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 10:55
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMFG!!!

So according to this thread, the YMMB tower broke all the rules a few years back when I was the only one doing laps, by giving me score updates as part of Tx'ing #1 clear to land???

Seriously, being clear and concise missing part of the info is more professional than spitting it out as fast as possible 100% correct

At least when the guy whom is clear is understood and can be questioned for further info if needed........i.e ABC you needed to read that back to me in full, or OCTA, "BBB, what level are you at?" Or we just be a prig, "CCC why don't you read the AIP so your calls are correct

With the rate of change of the rules in this country, its a wonder anyone can get their R/T 100% correct all the time. The most able would have to be ATC as they are doing it all the time. Fair cop to the recreational (PPL/RAA/glider) who at least try to get it right, lest be pounded by some 'professional'

That in mind, it opens the box as to what % of time do you spend memorising the correct phrase so your R/T

Aviate, Navigate, communicate. (great in a crew environment with all the latest gadgets to tell you that you need to turn left) (might explain why the guy on page 5 wasn't so sure his landing was assured )